The original core of Venice’s the Hotel Londra Palace dates back to 1853. It was known first as the Hotel d’Angleterre & Pension and then the Londres.
In 1865 the Beau Rivage was built, in neo-lombardy style, with a connecting link to the Hotel d’Angleterre. The raising of the old building’s roof in the 50’s and the last and the most recent renovation of the facade and interior public spaces gave the hotel its current appearance. The name “Londra Palace” dates from the 70’s.
The Hotel Londra Palace numbers among its most illustrious guests the Russian composer Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, who composed the first three movements of his Symphony No. 4, originally entitled the “do Leoni“, in room 106 in December”1877“.
Gabriele D’Annunzio stayed here in 1887 whilst attending the inauguration of the monument erected to King Vittorio Emanuele II which faces the hotel. Other prominent names are those of the writer and Argentinian poet Jorge Luis Borges and the Russian poet and essayist Joseph Brodsky, winner of the Nobel Prize for literature.